Ginger juice is excellent for health as it protects the lungs, the heart, soothes the throat against flu and warms the body.
This warming effect that we feel, is similar to a furnace heating up, this heating in a sense burns away those pesky invaders that try to make a home in our systems.
We do not want them making a home as they were not invited! And the homes they make tend to spread negative thought forms in the forms of congestion and infection.
The unique fragrance and flavor of ginger come from its natural oils, the most important of which is gingerol.
Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger. It’s responsible for much of ginger’s medicinal properties.
12 health benefits of ginger
Ginger isn’t a cure-all and is not a substitute for licensed medical care.
However, research has shown it may have some health-boosting properties.
- Eases nausea and vomiting
- Relieves pain
- Lowers blood sugar
- Improves brain health
- Decreases migraine pain
- Reduces arthritis inflammation
- Helps with weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Prevents infection
- Lowers blood pressure
- Faster muscle recovery
- Reduces menstrual bleeding
- 2 lbs of fresh ginger root
- 2 lemons
- 1 orange
- 1 8oz glass of pineapple juice
- 1/2 gallon (2 liters) of spring, alkaline or distilled water
- Sweeten to taste (in this traditional recipe, typical 1 cup of sugar is used)
- Wash the ginger and cut into small pieces
- Put the pieces of ginger in a food processor and add all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Mix until obtaining a homogeneous juice. Then filter through a sieve (cheese cloth or filter).
- Put the juice in the fridge for 1-3 hours, or until desired chilled temperature is reached.
Got a question? Leave it below in the comments!
Helpful resources related to herbs, health and wellness.