Our Raw Organic Red Maca is our best selling Maca. It comes from 100% pink or light red colored Maca roots. Among the rarest of all colors of Maca root, Red Maca has been prized for over 2000 years. It is considered essential to a productive life at high altitude and was even used as currency during Incan and early Spanish times in the Andes.
Red Maca has been found to have several differences to other colors of Maca:
- Red Maca powder has been shown, under phytonutrient analysis, to be higher in certain compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity.
- It has also been shown among all Macas to contain somewhat higher levels of other pythonutrients including alkaloids, tannins, saponis and steroids.
- Another significant difference of Red Maca and Cream and Black Macas is the taste. Most people find the taste to be sweeter, more gentle and more mild.
- A study on Red Maca was published in the Journal Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2005; 3:5. In it 8 medical researchers report that over the course of 42 days: “Red Maca but neither Yellow/Cream nor Black Maca reduced significantly ventral prostate size in rats.“
- In 2010 researchers from the Universidad Peruana, Lima published a study on the effects of Maca on bone structure in rats that had had their ovaries removed. The study concluded that both Red and Black Maca supported bone strength and density among the test subjects.
Our Red Maca root powder is:
- Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land – near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- 100% Raw and Vegan
- Contains only 100% powder from Red Maca roots
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Red Maca Root Powder may include:
- May support a healthy mental outlook
- Supports healthy physical stamina, energy, & strength levels
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- Overall nourishment of the body
- Helping to support well being for men & women of all ages
- May support healthy IGF levels
- Supports healthy women’s cycles
- Helping feed, nourish, & regulate the endocrine health
- Supports mental clarity & focus with continued use
- May support healthy liver function
- Supports stamina in men & women
- Possibly possesses adaptogenic actions
- Supporting physical & emotional well being
- Supports the regeneration of cartilage & bones
- High levels of alkaloids, steroids, saponins, glucosinolates, cardiotonic glycosides, tannins
Constituents of Maca include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Boron
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Beta carotene, Vitamin D3
- Amino Acids: Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Sterols: Brassicasterol, Ergosterol, Campesterol, Ergostadienol, Sitosterol
- Fatty Acids: Unsaturated, C12-0- Dodecanoic (lauric), C13-1-7- Tridecenoic
- Secondary Metabolites: Macaridine, Macaene, Macamides
- Benzylated Alkamides: Phenyl Acetonitrile and Macamides
- Essential oils:Phenyl acetonitrile, Benzaldehyde, Methoxyphenylacetonitrile
- Other Phytochemicals: Glucosinates , Sapponins and tannins
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or in your favorite smoothie.