Black Maca Root was shown to support men’s reproductive health in just one day after treatment. During this study, lab rats were given 2 grams of black maca root for 12 days, and health statistics were tested every couple days. The results showed an increase in positive measurements, after just one day of treatment with the results increasing over the entire 12 days.
Black maca generates core energy in the body and mind without the stimulant effects from caffeine. Black maca root is invigorating and uplifting through its’ powerful and distinctive nutritional profile. In the Andes, maca is used as a general tonic for overall well-being. Many Andeans drink maca in the morning because they believe it feeds their life-force. Though it is not a stimulant, it has a natural wake up call effect. In one study, rats were given black maca root to see how quickly they would reach maximum fatigue while swimming. Rats that were given no maca reached fatigue in 10 – 15 minutes while the rats that ate black maca root reached fatigue in 100 – 120 minutes.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Black Maca Root Powder may include:
- May help nourish the body
- May support physical strength, stamina & energy
- May support healthy blood sugar
- May support emotional & physical well-being
- May support a healthy mental outlook
- Possibly possesses adaptogenic properties
- May support brain health
- May nourish the liver
- May support fertility in men & women
- May contain high levels of glucosinolates, alkaloids, steroids, tannins, saponins & cardiotonic glycosides
- Great source of amino acids, including 7 essential amino acids, vitamins & minerals
Constituents of Maca include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Boron
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Beta carotene, Vitamin D3
- Amino Acids: Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Sterols: Brassicasterol, Ergosterol, Campesterol, Ergostadienol, Sitosterol
- Fatty Acids: Unsaturated, C12-0- Dodecanoic (lauric), C13-1-7- Tridecenoic
- Secondary Metabolites: Macaridine, Macaene, Macamides
- Benzylated Alkamides: Phenyl Acetonitrile and Macamides
- Essential oils:Phenyl acetonitrile, Benzaldehyde, Methoxyphenylacetonitrile
- Other Phytochemicals: Glucosinates , Sapponins and tannins
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or in your favorite smoothie.
There are no reviews yet.