Potential Health Benefits:
- Contains Potent Antioxidants
- May Help Fight Inflammation
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- May Support Healthy Digestion and Treat Constipation
- Contains bitter compounds that enhance the efficiency of the body’s eliminative and detoxifying functions. These compounds help restore normal liver and gallbladder function, increases the production of bile, and has a laxative effect.
- As a diuretic, it tones the kidneys and aids in proper water elimination while maintaining appropriate potassium levels.
- It is one of the best blood purifiers and builders available, which makes it great in treating anemia and low blood pressure.
- Enriches breast milk in nursing mothers, benefiting both mother and child.
- Helps to reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the body.
Nutritional Benefits of Dandelion
- Contains high amounts of Vitamins A, D, C, and B complex.
- Also has high amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and iron.
How to Use Dandelion
- Can be used in teas and tinctures, as well as powdered and encapsulated.
- It is great to add to foods like soups or stews without compromising flavor
Cautions and Side Effects of Dandelion
- Do not use when taking lithium or other bi-polar medications.
- Can interfere with absorption of antibiotics. Because it is a powerful diuretic it can also cause antibiotics to be released from the body too soon, hence, voiding their effectiveness.
- Use caution if you have a problem with your endocrine system as it increases urination.
- Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and for children.
And as always check with your licensed health care professional before consuming any plant, herb, supplement, vitamin, etc., for possible adverse interactions.