Having recently read the book The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal I have become extremely interested in the cultivating of Yin Chi and Yang Chi bio energies. John Chang from the lineage of Mo Pai appears to be the most advanced person on the planet in terms of utilizing this unique form of energy.
Abilities he has demonstrated include:
- Ability to Heal people western medicine can’t
- Rudimentary Levitation
- Communicating with a Kris (a type of dagger imbued with a person’s spirit)
- Communicating with Spirits
- Astral Travelling
For an overview of John Chang’s amazing supernatural abilities check out:
Nei Kung is fundamentally different than Chi Kung, in that Chi Kung only uses yang (masculine) energy. Nei Kung utilizes both yin and yang (feminine & masculine combined) thus making it infinitely more powerful. The yin energy is also known as Kundalini in the Sanskrit tradition. It is surprising how very few traditional subtle energy systems actually utilize yin (feminine) energy let a lone make a distinction between yang and yin, just calling the two different forms ambiguously “chi”, “prana”, “ki” or “energy”. If a system doesn’t make a distinction it almost always only utilizes the masculine yang energy. A serious limitation. The ultimate goal of Nei Kung is two merge Yin and Yang, this is also known as spiritual alchemy or Neidan.
Yin and Yang have a remarkable similarity to Dielectricity and Magnetism. In fact it appears they are one and the same thing. I believe Eric Dollard’s work is the scientific basis for explaining how Yin and Yang Chi work. What John Chang can do with his body, Eric Dollard can do with technology. The theoretical basis of this knowledge appears to stem originally from India and the aspects of Pranayama, Kundalini & Tantra. The Mo Pai technique involves a series of levels each one with specific mediation & isometric muscle contraciton techniques. In total there are 72 levels in this system. Rudimentary descriptions of what happens energetically in the first four levels is given in The Magus of Java Book but no technique. It appears the techniques are kept secret and the students swear an oath to keep it that way.
John Chang appears to have been psychically aware of about 10 other people in china that are at a similar level to him. Although he appears to have not met them or seriously sought them out.
John Chang had accepted five western students. He currently does not teach anymore and a new person has taken over the Mo Pai school who appears to have no desire to teach any westerners. Thus the Mo Pai tradition is kept extremely exclusive. And maybe this is a good thing.
The 5 students are as follows:
- Jim McMillan
- Kosta Danaos
- and 5. unknown
1. Jim McMillan (American)
Of the five students Jim McMillan is supposed to have attained the highest level (level 3) of all of John Chang’s Mo Pai students including even his ethnic Asian students. He has recently published a book Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang. Having personally read it, I don’t recommend it. The book is poorly written and contains very, very little information on Mo Pai. It reads almost entirely like a travel journal. Of the 262 pages there are maybe 3 that contain some interesting information.
Some other resources about Jim are:
- Jim demonstrating Telekinesis (youtube)
- Return of the Jedi: Five Questions with a Neigong Expert (Martial Development article)
- John Chang’s Western student: Interview with Jim McMillan of Mo Pai Nei Kung (Youtube audio interview)
- Rev. Douglas James Cottrell PhD: Mo Pai Nei Kung – Sifu John Chang’s Western student (Telekinesis demo- same as first video with extra info)
- Jim’s Posts on TheTaoBum Forums
- Enteric Nervous System
- Pammachon Blog
- Chang San Fung reached level 72
- There is a “Shifu Lin” who has very recently published 3 books on Mo Pai on amazon….don’t know if this is authentic or not…is this Andreas? Publisher is called Lung Hu Shan
- Tummo Yoga – from Tibetan Buddhism ……similarities to Mo Pai
Lama Dondrup Dorje – Tai Chi
This guy appears to have abilities equally as impressive as John Chang. At least the videos are impressive. I don’t know much about his system but I endeavor to find out more. I’m curious if he is capable of pyrokinesis and if he makes a formal distinction between yang chi and yin chi. Also if he is willing to teach how he accomplishes his energetic feats.
- A Discourse on the Heart Sutra, with Chi Kung – Part1 (youtube video)
The most important comments for students of the internal studies, these were comments from random people over the internet. Please do not take what is said as fact, but as additional information for your own research:
- Have you heard of Falun dafa / Falun gong?
This technique is the simplest and most advanced chi cultivation technique available. Tai chi is an Atari 2600, chi gong is a first generation desktop PC, Falun dafa is a quantum super computer coming out in ten years. Its simple and immediate. The first day you do it, chi is stimulated on just one of the five exercises. For weeks, maybe longer. It is so powerful, China has made it illegal. If you seek the strengthening of your chi, look into it, there is nothing more effacious.
Combine this with sun gazing and your abilities will grow by orders of magnitude. Chi is the energy of the earth, our mother. It is one of the snakes climbing the staff of Hermes. The other snake is the divine spark from our father, the supreme creator. Falun dafa strengthens chi, sun gazing strengthens our connection to the divine spark.
- Mopai has only one teacher. And that is not Shifu Lin. The one and only teacher of mopai is the man in the Kosta’s book. I don’t know who is Shifu Lin. And what is Yin yangkung. For all of you, the mopai seeker. Don’t seek again. Because the door is closed. Even if you live in Surabaya. There are a lot of people live in Surabaya want to learn mopai but they don’t know how. The rule in mopai is you have to introduced by mopai student. But so hard to know who is mopai student. Because they will never write on facebook or twitter if they are mopai student. Mopai is a big family. All are brothers. Learning is FREE of CHARGE. So if there are some shifu sell some tutorial books about mopai, and teach mopai (like mr. Lin). That is not Mopai.How do I know? Because I am Mopai. But you will not know who I am.
- First thing first , No sex or masturbating and if so wait three days before resuming practice. For woman do not practice three days before and after a period this may be hard to track due to your lack of internal studies and balanced dietlifestyle, the sex rule still applies and if you’re taking birth control do not bother with this practice your better off just being a slave to society with the rest of the sheep or you could change your life goals but I would wait four seasons before even starting this practice after quieting birth control, it might not seem fair for woman but you have to realize YOU CAN BARE LIFE that is why your are different, men are simple because there are balls of muscle designed to protect you and your your child, it’s like comparing dirt to a tree. If you break this rule you better hope you’re doing everything else wrong, it can go as far as stroke,heart attack or slowfast death at extremes.
- Now forget everything your hippy friend taught you:1) There can be no synthetic materials between you and the earth, that means no yoga mattes or most cushions even you’re under ware might not be 100% cotton and even then, they are often coated with formaldehyde. Think hard about what is under you, it makes all the difference.2) Position is somewhat trivial, optimal is thumb to pointer finger touching/half or full lotus but it is possible to advance even if you have no arms or legs, it all makes a small difference at first. With five solid years of practice under your belt it will be a different story and you will know. And the man with no legs or arms will be able to cope as well. It’s all a matter of closing a circuit so there is a vary little loss of energy.
3) Meditation is one of the biggest money wasting misconceptions, your are wired to meditate and you do it all the time, some examples are day dreaming, pooping, listening to music, that lack of thinking when you wake up, sleeping, walking, driving Etc. Pretty much you are not meditating when you are likely talking or in a high state of action. The real trick is focus, and that is a separate ball game all to together. Imagine getting your picture taken for instance, the camera man says “cheese” and you have already been meditating without knowing it, then you shift your focus from “when is this guy going to say (say cheese) to me” to smiling, witch lasts maybe three seconds before the smile starts to look fake, that is your focus moving to some other topic related to the situation or not. You can see the focus moving on the person face. Some cultures seen this more as ones soul … and maybe there right. So you can consider meditation as a vehicle and focus is the crazy brat in the back seat. As a side note focus can be split many ways simultaneously.
Now when ready check 1,2 and sit /meditate then focus on your Dan Tien, this is an obscure area that you wont feel for some time, reverse breath to start packing energy into that general area, when there is a good deal of energy packed their day to day you will feel hints of it , as you progress so shall it. You’re going to be in the 20-300 hour of practice range to notice it, you’re going to be in the 200-800 hour range of practice to fill it. Do it at whatever pace you feel like(10 mins a day to 24 hours a day) it’s your art form at that point and your body. If something hurts lay off somewhat, like anything you do. And simply put 1. is Grounding 2. is closed circuit 3. is Generatingcapacitating – This is Level One and it should keep you busy for 1-7 years or 200-800 hours ruffly and the result is good health, supernatural powers for lack of a better term would be about 9-80 years off from that point so you might want to just keep adding nonsensical thoughts to forums instead of ever doing anything with your life, and yes that is a challenge.
P.S By the time you’re done Level One, Level Two will be as public as this if your one of those people that cannot be fulfilled by taxes and concrete
- Very good research, indeed. But you need to know, these systems aren’t meant for ‘supernatural’ powers or so. Really, this is why these schools are closed from westerners and other seekers since their whole mindset/goal is to achieve abilities. People who believe in this way will get no where, since their mind is focused on the wrong thing, it’s the ego that needs to be destroyed before going onto these systems.And most of these people who claim to know MoPai or somesort offer high priceses for basic teachings – these are just scammers, most charge up to $3000, etc. Don’t waste your money on these people. The real people are the one’s isolated from society and live without anything, these are the people who will get somewhere in true spirituality/enlightenment.The secret is, is meditation. There’s no secret technique/method that can make you all powerful, etc. That’s all a delusion and ego. Get into the deeper aspects of meditation, read ancient yoga sanskrits(this is where all of the systems are from), etc. Then you’ll see the truth of all. Hope this helps, sorry if this offends anyone trying to seek powers, etc.